Did you know every 10 seconds, a home in the United States is burglarized. That is over 6 million homes a year!! Many of us think burglaries only occur in other neighborhoods but burglaries occur all over Las Vegas.
Don’t be a victim. There are some simple ways to protect your home and loved ones from burglars.
- Most burglars are looking for an easy point of entry to your home. Make sure you lock all of your entry doors including your garage door at all times. Install deadbolt locks if you do not already have them.
- Windows and sliding glass doors should be locked using a deadbolt or a steel/woooden rod in the door channel.
- Look into having a burglar alarm system installed. Believe it or not a simple alarm company sign can deter a burglar from coming onto your property. A burglar alarm will lower your insurance premium too. Contact our office for more information.
- Never leave a spare key under your “Welcome” mat or in a planter, burglars know about these hiding places.
- Never broadcast on social networking websites like Twitter or Facebook when you will be going on a vacation.
- Hopefully these tips will help prevent a burglary at your home. Being proactive about keeping your home secure is important not only during the holidays but all year long.
- Get to know your neighbors and consider starting a neighborhood watch program.
Be safe and happy holidays.